Monday, August 08, 2005

A Gentle Reminder


Recently God has been giving me a lot of those moments -- I call them "Gentle Reminders" -- that He's around. Those moments when you're reminded, once again, that He is there, and that He loves you and that He cares for you.

They've come at some pretty interesting times in some pretty interesting places...at 4:00am as I'm walking into my hotel room in New York...at 9:00 p.m. as I'm packing up for the day...at 8:00 am when I'm getting ready...

They're not much. There's no sound of trumpets or calls of angels, no dramatic "come to Jesus" moments.

But they're unmistakeable and oh, so real.

It's a nudge. A whisper. A skipped heartbeat. A twinkle of light. A gentle push from behind. A soft breeze or a sweet aroma.

It's these things that cause our hearts to dance with joy. It is as if for a moment--only a brief moment--God unviels for us what He has prepared for us. As if this world disappears and Heaven gets to shine through--if only for a second.

It's in these moments that I'm reminded of what I'm living for, and where I'm headed.

I can't wait to get there.

No comments: