Thursday, July 14, 2005

The All Nighter

So I never did end up pulling that all nighter last night.

But it looks like I will tonight.

And you know what? I'm OK with that. Strangely, I'm OK with that.

Ever since I started having a new attitude about this job--purposely, consciously started having a new attitude about this job--things have turned up. I'm not working any less, I still have a lot to do, and still won't get a break for quite some time, but strangely, things are looking up.

I've started to see God in my job and throughout it all. I've started to see a point in it all. So what if I work a lot? So what if I'm up late? Does me being here late make this experience any less "holy"? Sure, I need rest. Yes, I'm tired...but the longer I'm up the more oppotunity I have to experience God.

That has been the most significant change over the last few days--trying to see Him wherever I am. If I truly focus on that--and believe me, I forget a TON--then this whole experience becomes almost bearable. Almost.

Of course, we'll see what I have to say tomorrow at 4:00 p.m., when I've been up for 33 hours straight.

No comments: